Preparation time: 12 minutes
Serves 2 people
- Sun Circle dumpling or wonton.
- 1/4 cup Sichuan chili oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons chinese black rice vinegar (also called Chinkiang/Zenjiang vinegar)
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon of dried onion
Directions: Bring salted water to boil in a large pot. Place wontons/dumplings in water for about 12 minutes. While the dumplings are cooking, prepare the Sichuan chilli sauce in a mixing bowl by combining chilli oil, soy sauce, black vinegar, and the minced garlic. Set aside. After 12 minutes the wontons/dumplings should be cooked through and start floating to the surface. Transfer wontons/dumplings to a large strainer to drain. Add wontons/dumplings to chilli sauce and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with chopped shallot and dried onion and serve immediately.